In the mood for some crab mac and cheese, or maybe some lobster mac and cheese…or shrimp or langostino or whatever seafood you prefer? This time saving Seafood Mac and Cheese Costco hack uses Kirkland Signature Prepared Mac n Cheese from the Costco Deli, and cooks in only 25 minutes!
By adding some stronger more traditional cheese used in upscale scratch made macaroni and cheese recipes and pre-cooked seafood, this leverages the already made base of the Kirkland Signature Macaroni and Cheese and we think you’ll be impressed considering you can whip this up in no time (well, compared to homemade anyway!).
Chef’s Choice Seafood Macaroni and Cheese
You can use whatever seafood you prefer in your mac, or have on hand. Mix a few together and stick with one. Add a little more than the recipe calls for you if like, it’s flexible!
Some ideas of seafood from Costco you can toss into this recipe:
Although the recipe calls for Comte or Gruyere cheese, and we highly recommend those…you may not have those or want to buy them. If you need to substitute them we recommend emmental cheese, swiss cheese, fontina, jarlsberg, beaufort, or raclette.
If the traditional french cheese are too much for you and you need something milder, you can use a sharp cheddar. For us, this is the least ideal cheese, but everyone likes their cheese different and that’s okay 🙂
We don’t recommend mild cheese like mild cheddar, muster, havarti, mozzarella, colby jack, etc.
Seafood Mac and Cheese Using Kirkland Signature Prepared Mac from Costco
Costco Mac and Cheese Hack! Tired of the boring plain old mac? Try this easy seafood macaroni and cheese using the prepared Costco mac and cheese from the deli department! Use the Kirkland Mac and Cheese as your base, and doctor it up with this shortcut to cooking a fancy lobster or crab mac! This recipe is flexible, you can use whatever cooked seafood and shellfish you like or mix a few together! And its so quick and easy you can whip up this meal on a weeknight if you wanted to!
- 3 Tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups cooked seafood (shrimp, crab, lobster, langostino, etc)
- 5 cups prepared Kirkland Signature Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 cup comte or gruyere cheese (or similar), shredded
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp thyme, finely chopped
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Saute shallots in olive oil and let cool.
- Cut seafood into bite sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix prepared Macaroni and Cheese, cut seafood, sauteed shallots, Comté or Gruyere cheese, heavy whipping cream and thyme.
- In a separate bowl, mix shredded parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Spread Macaroni and Cheese mixture to a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish, and top with cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling up and browned on top.
This will make about 8 side servings. If you're serving this as your main dish, you should expect about 5-6 adult portions.