Looking for a Christmas Prime Rib roast? You might want to consider the Kirkland Signature Standing Rib Roast at Costco. It’s a seasoned, bone-in roast, and it’s all ready to cook – great beef option for a holiday party or Christmas dinner. This will slow roast in the oven, so plan on a minimum of about 4 hours for a 10lb rib roast. Seasoned with roasted garlic and Kirkland Signature olive oil, this roast is easy and it’s a crowd pleaser!
ProTip: Calculate out this rib roast’s cooking time (based on the size of your roast, and how well done (or rare) you like it cooked) the day before you need to roast it so you can be sure to set aside enough time and plan how/when to cook any side dishes. It’s not a significant amount of “active” time but does take a number of hours in the oven!
Costco Price & Item Number
Kirkland Signature USDA Choice Seasoned Standing Rib Roast Bone In is Costco Item Number 36237 and costs $14.89 per pound.
The individual pieces range in size from 7-12 lbs which shakes out to about about $100 – $170 depending on the size of roast you select.
This roast is only available during the holidays, it generally hits stores a week or two before Christmas Day. You can usually order it for delivery on Same Day Costco (if available in your local area).
How Much Costco Rib Roast Do I Need Per Person?
You should purchase about 1 pound of the Costco ready to roast seasoned rib roast per person.
RIB OF BEEF,GARLIC, SEASONING (SPICES, DEHYDRATED GARLIC, MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, FRACTIONATED PALM OIL, SUNFLOWER OIL. SPICE EXTRACTIVES). OLIVE OIL.
Costco Rib Roast Cooking Directions
The Pre-Seasoned Standing Rib Roast at Costco is an oven-ready bone-in roast - all set to take it home and cook for your special occasion! Plan on purchasing about 1 pound per person, so a 10 lb roast should feed about 10 people. Cooking time will vary depending on the roast size and how rare or well done you prefer it....but plan on a about 4+ hours for a 10lb roast.
- 1 Bone-In Seasoned Standing Rib Roast from Costco
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 500 DEGREES.
- REMOVE PLASTIC WRAP FROM THE ALUMINUM CONTAINER & DISCARD THE FOAM TRAY.
- PLACE IN OVEN ON CENTER RACK.
- COOK FOR 25 MINUTES AT 500 DEGREES
- TURN THE OVEN DOWN TO 200 DEGREES AND CONTINUE TO COOK FOR 20-30 MINUTES PER POUND OR UNTIL A THERMOMETER INSERTED INTO THE CENTER OF THE ROAST READS:
- * 125-135 DEGREES FOR RARE
* 135-145 DEGREES FOR MEDIUM RARE
* 145-155 DEGREES FOR MEDIUM
* 155-165 DEGREES FOR MED WELL
* 165 DEGREES AND ABOVE FOR WELL DONE
- REMOVE RIB FROM THE OVEN AND LET REST FOR 15 MIN.
- CUT THE TWINE HOLDING THE BONE TO THE ROAST, CARVE & SERVE
FOR YOUR SAFETY USDA RECOMMENDS COOKING TO A MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 145 F DEGREES WITH A 3 MINUTE REST PERIOD,
Please double check the product label on the actual rib roast at your local Costco – these are locally prepared in the deli department and ingredients or cooking instructions may vary slightly from Costco to Costco location.