Taco Tuesday made easy! The chicken street tacos at Costco are an incredibly convenient all-in-one meal kit. Just heat up the chicken and tortillas and lay all the ingredients out like a taco bar, and everyone can customize their tacos exactly how they want them. See our review, heating instructions, nutritional panel with calories/fat/carbs/etc and ingredients below.
Kirkland Chicken Street Tacos at Costco are a fan favorite item, and you’ll find these kits near other beloved prepared meals form the Costco deli like the Chicken Yakisoba Stir Fry, Mac n Cheese, etc.
What’s in The Costco Street Taco Kit?
The chicken street taco kit at Costco comes with a variety of toppings including salsa, cilantro lime crema, shredded cheese and a cabbage slaw and we like to add fresh diced tomatoes, sour cream, and fresh sliced avocado or guacamole too.
- Seasoned, Precooked Chicken
- 12 Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Shredded Cabbage Slaw
- Cilantro Lime Crema
- Lime Wedges
Both my kids like these taco kits from the Costco deli, they are a recommended buy for us! I think the kits come with a generous amount of chicken and the cilantro lime crema is really good! Make-your-own is a hit with kids, and you can always add any extra toppings your kids like in particular.
The meat has a light taco seasoning – it’s flavorful, and not spicy. The salsa is mild as well. Although slaw is something you usually see with fish tacos, I think it holds up better than a shredded lettuce would for the purpose of a prepared food meal kit, and adds the crunch. Cabbage also had a better nutritional profile IMO so I’ll take it!
I suggest grabbing some tortilla chips to dip into the extra sauce, and when we have leftover chicken we use it the following day to make chicken quesadillas or taco salads. You can also just use the kit to make those too.
How To Cook Chicken Street Taco Kit from Costco
There are a few methods you can choose from to heat your chicken and tortillas in the taco kit. Most popular (and recommended, see instructions below) is to heat them stove top in a pan or skillet, but you can also use an air fryer or pop them in the microwave. Just make sure the chicken and tortillas reach the recommended 165 F temperatures using a meat thermometer.
To Microwave, remove chicken and place in a microwave safe bowl, and cook for about 2 minutes. Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
Chicken Street Tacos at Costco – Calories, Fat, Carbs
Each tray of Chicken Tacos from the Costco deli has 12 servings. Each serving has 190 calories, 7g of fat, 20g of carbs, 12g of protein and 10% DV of Calcium.
Costco Price and Item Number
Kirkland Signature Chicken Street Tacos, 12 ct is Costco Item 11545 and costs $5.49/lb or about $15 per kit in-store at Costco. Find them in refrigerated cases in the prepared food deli.
Kirkland Signature Chicken Street Tacos, 12 ct is Costco Item 11545 and costs $6.42/lb or about $17-$18 per taco kit on Same Day Costco.
- Chicken: chicken, water, salt, maltodextrin, paprika, honey, cornstarch, sugar, peppers, onions, spices, citric acid, yeast extract
- Tortilla: water, corn masa flour, bleached enriched flour, wheat gluten, salt, dextrose, leavening, oat fiber, SSL, safflower oil, mono and diglycerides, fumaric acid, potassium sorbate, calcium propionate, sodium propionate, sorbic acid, cellulose gum, guar gum, lime
- Salsa: tomatoes, onion, peppers, water, tomato paste, cilantro, spices, onion, celery, garlic, corn gluten, xanthan gum, yeast extract, spice extracts, salt, vinegar, citric acid, acetic acid, lactic acid, cellulose gum, calcium chloride
- Cilantro Sauce: cultured pasteurized skim milk, cream, water, canola oil, vinegar, modified corn starch, soy protein, salt, gelatin, nonfat milk, lemon and lime juice, onion, xanthan gum, natural flavors, spice, low-fat buttermilk, red wine vinegar, cilantro, chiles, garlic, sea salt, salt, pumpkin seeds, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, enzymes
- Cheese Blend: cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color, natamycin
- Limes, Green and Red Cabbage, Broccoli, Carrots
Costco Street Tacos Cooking Instructions
The Chicken Street Tacos are a quick and easy taco shortcut for your Taco Tuesday. Each kit comes with taco seasoned cooked chicken, 12 tortillas, cabbage slaw, salsa, cilantro lime crema and fresh lime slices. Each kit makes 12 tacos. The packaging indicates you should ensure chicken and tortillas reach a recommended 165 F temperatures using a meat thermometer.
- 1 Chicken Street Taco Kit from Costco
- Place chicken in small saute or fry pan, add a tablespoon of water, stir over high heat for 1 minute
- Turn heat down to low-medium, cover, leave for 4 minutes
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30-45 seconds
You can also microwave the chicken - place in a micrwave safe bowl and cook for about 2 minutes in microwave, or until chicken reaches 165 F.
Chicken Street Tacos at Costco FAQs
Does Costco still sell street tacos?
Yes! You can find the Costco chicken street taco kit in the Costco deli with the other prepared in-store meals.
What kind of tortillas are in the Chicken Street Taco Kit at Costco? Corn tortillas or Flour tortillas?
They are a hybrid corn and flour tortilla. They are not gluten free.
How many tacos does the Chicken Street Taco kit from Costco make?
Each kit contains 12 tortillas, and is designed to make 12 tacos.
What comes in the Taco Kit from Costco?
Chicken Street Taco Kits at Costco come with seasoned cooked chicken, tortillas, lime wedges, cilantro lime cream, tomato salsa and shredded cabbage slaw.
How do you cook the chicken street tacos from Costco?
You can cook the chicken in a saute pan, microwave or air fryer. Recommended cooking is stove top/saute pan. See instructions here.
How many calories are there in the Chicken Street Tacos from Costco?
Each tray of Chicken Tacos from the Costco deli has 12 servings or makes 12 tacos. Each serving (taco) has 190 calories.
Is the chicken in the Street Taco kit at Costco precooked?
Yes, the chicken in the taco kit at Costco is seasoned and fully cooked.
We host almost every holiday, and love hosting in our home…but it’s a lot of…
Made fresh in the bakery, the Costco Cinnamon Pull Apart Rolls are now called Gooey…
Looking for a Thanksgiving or Christmas Prime Rib roast? You might want to consider the…
Looking for a quick shortcut to a complete Thanksgiving Dinner or just need a smaller…
If you haven’t tried the Costco Yakisoba Stir Fry Kit from the deli, it’s on…
The Kirkland Signature Frozen Cheese Pizza at Costco is available in a pack of four….