We tried the La Mura Pinot Grigio Organic Wine at Costco and for under $10 a bottle, this is a great buy on a light Italian summer white wine. La Mura is made in Italy, Sicily to be exact, and produced with blockchain certified organically grown grapes. La Mura Pinot Grigio is best served chilled.
We had a bottle of the La Mura Organic Pinot Grigio with a summer dinner of baked cod, portobello mushrooms and caprese salad. The wine has a rich color and I wondered if it would be too sweet but I’m happy to report not at all! It’s really delicious, especially for the ten dollar price point. You could serve this for an event, it’s a well rounded wine that will appeal to most palettes.
The bottle we had was a 2020 La Mura Pinot Grigio made with organically grown grapes. It’s 12% alc/vol and does contain sulfites. I suffer from migraine headaches, chronically, and it did not give me a migraine.
La Mura Organic Pinot Grigio Tasting Notes
The palate has hints of citrus and tropical fruits without being overly sweet and it has balanced acidity.
Where to Find La Mura Organic Wine at Costco
La Mura is available in-store at Costco in GA, TN, NC and SC as well as online at Vivino.com.
Pair chilled La Mura Pinot Grigio with a variety of popular summer foods.
- Appetizers and Light Fare
- Baked Fish with Lemon
- Chicken Piccata
- Avocado and Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Fresh Stone Fruit
- Summer Brunch Fare
- Fruit and Cheese Board
- Steamed Lobster
- Shrimp Scampi
La Mura Organic Wines Feature:
- Selection of certified wines made from organically grown grapes coming from vineyards on the island of Sicily, Italy
- The vineyards location near the shores of the Mediterranean and the winemaker’s long winemaking tradition dates back to ancient times when Silcity was a territory of Greece
- The weather in Sicily offers plenty of sunny days, cool sea breezes and low precipitation which contribute to grape ripening and naturally heed off parasites
- The Winery produces native grapes, traditional blends and monovarietals as well as alternative wines with a unique and well-defined taste
- Certified organic production using blockchain methods
La Mura’s primary grape varieties include the Catarratto and the Nero d’Avola.
Sicily has a long history of wine-making. The large island located off the “boot” of Italy boasts bright sunshine and reliably moderate rainfall, rendering this mediterranean climate ideally ideally suited for organic wine grape production. Sicily is considered the best region for the production of Organic Grapes in the whole of Italy.
How Much is La Mura Pinot Grigio Organic Wine at Costco
La Mura Pinot Grigio Organic Wine at Costco costs under $10 a bottle.