I’m pretty sure THIS is the cake Marie Antoinette was talking about! Our breakfast favorite cinnamon swirl coffee cake layers moist vanilla cake with sweet cinnamon crumble, and is sure to please even in the pickiest little palettes. Serve it at a holiday brunch, bring it to a potluck, gift it to your favorite teacher, drop it off to a friend as a get well soon or just make it for no reason at all! This cinnamon coffee is cake is always a crowd pleaser! If cookies are your jam, try these stay soft chocolate chip cookies instead!
Qu’ils mangent de la brioche!Marie Antoinette
Preheat oven to 375F.
Ingredients – Batter
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Avocado Oil Spray (or 1 additional tbsp of butter)
Ingredients – Cinnamon Swirl Topping
- 1 cup butter, soft/room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans (recommended, feel free to omit)
- In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Fold in eggs, milk and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add butter until blended, and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl mix all swirl ingredients until it comes together, do not overmix.
- Spray or butter (1) 9″x 13″ pan or (2) 9″ inch pans
- Spread half the batter on the bottom, then layer half the topping.
- Spread remaining batter (it’s tricky, but doesn’t need to be perfect!) and top with remaining swirl.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, cool at least 10 minutes before serving.