February 2023 – Costco is recalling certain bottles of Fabuloso Multi-Purpose Cleaner for potential of infection from bacteria. This is part of a larger Colgate-Palmolive recall of 4.9 million bottles.
Fabuloso is a multipurpose cleaning product, and affected Costco product is Costco Item #977113 FABULOSO CLEANER 210 OZ LAVENDER. Recalled bottles are UPC Code 035000531230 and were sold between December 30, 2022 and January 30, 2023.
Affected Costco Fabuloso Recalled Lot Codes:
Instructions for Recalled Fabuloso from Costco:
- Immediately stop using the recalled Fabuloso Multi-Purpose Cleaner products
- Contact Colgate-Palmolive Company for a refund or replacement
- call toll-free 855-703-0166
- or visit www.fabulosorecall.com
- Alternatively Costco Members can return the item to Costco for a full refund
- Product can be disposed of in its container with household trash. Do not empty the product prior to disposal.
Why Was Fabuloso from Costco Recalled?
Certain lot codes of Fabuloso Multi-Purpose Cleaners are recalled because a preservative was not added at the intended levels during manufacturing. Inadequate preservative may lead to the growth of bacteria during the product’s shelf life. People with healthy immune systems are usually not affected when exposed to such bacteria, but those with weakened immune systems may face an increased risk.
Affected products were also sold at Amazon.com, Dollar General, Family Dollar, The Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Walmart, and other major U.S. retailers nationwide.
Phone Contact for Questions on the 2023 Fabuloso Recall from Costco:
Costco members can contact Colgate-Palmolive Company toll-free at 855-703-0166 from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday